Material Safety Data Sheet MetaletchTM
Product Name : METALETCH
Manufacturer’s Product code   0011   
Chemical Family :  Acid Cleaner     
Hazardous Material : Phosphoric acid, ethylene glycol monobutyl, ether, ethanol, nonyl phenoxypolyethoxy
Non-Hazardous Material : Protected under NJ trad
Acute – Swallowed
Ingestion causes severe burns of the mucous membranes of the mouth, esophagus and stomach, pain in the throat and stomach with difficulty in swallowing, intense thirst, nausea and vomiting followed by diarrhea are common.  In severe cases, collapse and unconsciousness follow this.  Eye contact causes severe irritation and painful burns of the eyes and eyelids.  Skin contact with concentrate causes destruction of clothing and severe burns unless promptly washed off.
Repeated skin contact with diluted product may lead to the development of dermatitis.  Inhalation of excessive concentration of vapours or mists produces severe irritation of respiratory tract with coughing, burning of the throat and a choking sensation.  Inhalation may be fatal in very high concentrations.
Chronic ingestion may produce fatal effects from esophageal or gastric necrosis.  Dental discoloration and erosion of exposed teeth occur on prolonged exposure to low concentrations of hydrochloric acid vapours.  Eye exposures may result in prolonged or permanent visual impairment or total loss of sight.  Chronic skin exposures can yield ulceration and subsequent scarring.  The irritant effect of vapours on the respiratory tract may produce laryngitis, glottal edema, bronchitis, pulmonary edema and death.  Inhalation of vapours may aggravate existing medical conditions of the respiratory tract such as asthma

Target organs:  None known although there are noknown target organs; skin and eye contact are possible methods of exposure

First Aid
Remove from the area to fresh air.  If not breathing, clear airway and start mouth to mouth artificial respiration.  Get immediate attention.
Rinse thoroughly with water and flush for atleast 15 minutes.  Get immediate medical attention.
Wash with large amounts of water.  Contact a physician if irritation persists.  Clean clothes and shoes before reuse.
Do not induce vomiting.  Give large quantities of water.  Seek medical help
Advice to physician: None
Appearance : Water white transparent liquid
Boiling Point : 210 degrees Fahrenheit
Vapour pressure : 18mm Hg at 25 degrees Celsius
Specific Gravity : 1.41 at 25 degree Celsius
Viscosity : Non-Viscous
Flammability : Non-Flammable (flash point: N/A)
Solubility in water : Complete
pH : < 2.0
Vapor density : 0.6
Evaporation Rate : 0.1
Odour : buty1
Avoid high temperatures that may cause release of carbon monoxide, phosphorus oxides.
Incompatibility: Sulphides, Sulphites, strong alkalis, tin, chromium, galvanized and nickel plates.
Hazardous Polymerization: N/

Steps to be taken if released / spilled:
Contain the material by diking with sand.  Spread lime to neutralize and keep it away in a labeled container.  Wash area with water.
Waste disposal method:
Dispose in accordance with state, federal and local regularations.


Provide adequate ventilation, use NIOSH approved respiratory mask, PVC or plastic hand glove, eye goggles, protective clothing while handling the product.


Storage and transport:
Maximum Storage temp: 120 degrees Fahrenheit
Minimum Storage temp: 32 degrees Fahrenheit
Store in a cool dry well ventilated area in the original container.

Always store material in the original container. Keep container tightly closed when not in use. Do not store near alkaline or chlorine compounds. Do not clean intricate metal parts containing chromium, tin, galvanized or nickel plated metals.

Other Precautions:
Rinse the product contacting surfaces with potable water after use.
Read entire label before use.
Keep out of reach of children.